English level A1 or Beginner is the first CEFR English language level. Students at a beginner English level have a foundation of basic English grammar and vocabulary. With your understanding of basic English, you are on your way to building your vocabulary and expanding your comprehension of simple, daily topics.
English communication (A1)
- Exchanging greetings.
- Giving personal information.
- Using numbers, days, months, years.
- Asking for and telling the time.
- Describing people.
- Giving information about objects.
- Describing places.
- Describing habits and routines.
- Expressing likes and dislikes.
- Describing simple actions.
English vocabulary (A1)
- Days of the week and months.
- Numbers and prices.
- Countries and nationalities.
- Personal possessions.
- Parts of the body.
- Family and friends.
- Food and drinks.
- Household rooms and objects.
- Clothes, shoes and accessories.
English grammar (A1)
- Questions words.
- Possessive adjectives and pronouns.
- Present simple.
- There is/There are.
- Present continuous (now or in progress).
- Prepositions of place.
- Modals: can, can’t, do, doesn’t.
- Simple adjectives.
- Comparatives and superlatives.
Language Level A1
I can recognize familiar words and very basic phrases concerning myself, my family and immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
I can understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogues.
I can interact in a simple way provided the other person is prepared to repeat or rephrase things at a slower rate of speech and help me formulate what I’m trying to say. I can ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics.
I can use simple phrases and sentences to describe where I live and people I know.
I can write a short, simple postcard, for example sending holiday greetings. I can fill in forms with personal details, for example entering my name, nationality and address on a hotel registration form.
You must be logged in to post a comment.