Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is probably the best-known and most commonly used English proficiency test. Along with the IELTS, it is one of the two tests that are usually accepted by American universities.
Why we choose TOEFL
The TOEFL® Test Advantage
The TOEFL® test offers your students a clear advantage — institutions know that TOEFL test takers have prepared for success and that they’re ready for the demands of an English-speaking classroom. That is why the test is accepted by more than 11,000 universities and institutions in over 150 countries. It offers you an advantage as well, a chance to make a real difference in the lives of your students while also advancing your career.
Achieve Your Goals and Discover New Opportunities
As the world’s premier English-language test for study, work and immigration, the TOEFL test enables students to get where they want to go. Over 90% of TOEFL test takers surveyed got into their 1st- or 2nd-choice university.1 It is time to put that advantage to work for Brazilian students worldwide.
- Preferred by more than 80% of Canadian graduate programs.2 And Canadian universities receive more TOEFL scores than all other English-language tests combined.3
- Preferred by 9 out of 10 universities in the United States and accepted everywhere.4
- Accepted by 99% of U.K. universities, including 100% of the prestigious Russell Group® schools.
- Accepted by the top European universities, and the most preferred English-language test in France and Germany.5
- Accepted by 100% of universities in Australia and New Zealand and for all migration visas.
- Widely accepted throughout Asia, including at top universities in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Malaysia.
The TOEFL test advantage is for everyone! You can benefit from the work you do with TOEFL test takers as well.
- Develop your career and improve your employment prospects.
- Make a real difference in lives all over the world and watch your students grow and succeed because of your help.
- Gain access to endless teaching opportunities through our global network of test centers.
- Get assistance for your research through our Tutor Up Program
- Attend videos conferences and other social media events to gain and share industry knowledge.
Learn more about the test.
1 Source: Survey of 296 randomly selected university students who took the TOEFL test.
2 Source: Survey of 44 graduate admissions officers at Canadian universities.
3 Source: Survey of 107 admissions officers at Canadian universities.
4 Source: Survey of 94 admissions officers at U.S. universities who accept both TOEFL and IELTS® scores and who expressed a preference.
5 Sources: Surveys of university admissions officers (59 in France and 100 in Germany).
With the AlphaBeta TOEFL Test Program, you are not just getting a test that offers an accurate, trusted assessment of all 4 English skills — reading, listening, speaking, and writing — the way they are used in a classroom. You are also joining a community that is committed to your success just as you are committed to your success. And you are choosing a program that offers the tools and resources you need, such as:
- Practice tests to prepare yourself
- Our Tutors offers you new techniques and strategies for teaching English and personalized feedback.
- a AB Tool Box is here to help you advise throughout the process. (One on one live lessons for certified members.)
- a TOELF library of quick links to videos and other tools so you can easily find the information you need
How to register for the test?
- Registration is opened to the applicant 5-6 months prior to the test date.
- Fee of the exam is $160-240 depending on the location where you take the exam.
- You can check with test centers in your city to see where you can take the exam.
- 3 ways to register: online, phone and mail registration.
What to bring on the exam day?
- Valid, acceptable ID document (at least 2 types suggested)
- Personal belongings are not allowed in the exam room.
How is the exam scored?
- A score of 0-30 for each section (120 in total)
- Scores are valid for 2 years
- Scores will be ready in 10 days online, or longer if you opted to receive results via mail